Monday, November 08, 2010

Toronto International Antiquarian Book Fair

First time this year I was able to attend the Toronto International Antiquarian Book Fair. By funny coincidence I won a pair of tickets in the contest hosted by AbeBooks in which I had to guess correctly which one of four authors was not born in Toronto. So, this was definitely an experience I hope to repeat again. The feeling of walking among, touching and reading these wonderful antique volumes (even if I did not have funds to purchase some of the most beautiful old books ever) is one of a kind. Handling an early copy of Ovid's Metamorphoses or a 13th century book of hours, or a first edition of Bram Stoker's Dracula are reasons enough to look forward to the next such event. Also I was able to talk to some of the experts on book preservation and repair and received great advise.


No comments: